Not all printers offer the feature of printing and scanning in a single machine. But, this is not the case with some of the Canon printers. Several Canon printers offer you this technology of printing and scanning from a single machine. This feature is making the Canon printer stand out from others.
Scanning documents from a Canon printer and then having the scanned image on a computer is now easy with Canon all-in-one printer. Not only you can have the document’s electronic copy but you can also send or forward it to other people through the means of emailing. So, without any delay, let us learn how we can do this.
How do I get my canon printer to scan to my computer?
With Windows 10 ‘Scan and Fax’ program this task is more than easy. Follow the steps given below to scan from your canon printer to the computer:
- The first thing you need to do is turn on your Canon printer.
- After this, connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- In the case of wireless printers, you can connect the Canon printer to wifi.
- Further, you need to lift the scanner’s lid and then place the document to be scanned in such a manner that it faces the scanning glass.
- Now, from your computer, select the ‘Start’ option and then go to the ‘All Programs’ section.
- Further, you need to select the ‘Windows Scan and Fax’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Scan’ button followed by ‘New Scan’.
- Next, you need to click ‘Profile’ to open the drop-down menu from where you need to select the ‘Photo’ option in case you are scanning an image.
- This page allows you to change the scan setting according to your desired values.
- When everything is set, you can click on the ‘Preview’ to see what it would look like once it gets scanned.
- Finally, click on the ‘Scan’ button to complete the scanning process. You will now have a scanned image on your computer.
How to scan to file and then email on canon mg 7100 series printer?
The following steps are also applicable to canon mx922 ij and canon mg3600.
- First of all, you need to turn on your Canon printer.
- After this, go to the Home screen and click on the ‘Scan’ option.
- Further, you need to select the location where you wish to save the scanned document.
- After this, tap on the option reading as ‘Attach to email’.
- Now, select the model name of your compute.
- The scanned copy will be sent to this computer.
- Other than this, you can also choose to save it on a local USB.
- Now, you will see the Scan standby screen.
- After this, you can adjust the scan settings accordingly for both documents as well as the photo.
- After changing the scan settings, you need to place the photo or the document on the scanning glass.
- Now, you can choose from color/black/JPEG/PDF options.
- The scanned data is now forwarded to the computer.
You can now easily attach it according to the specific settings in Canon Scan IJ Utility. In case you don’t have it, then you may need to undergo the Canon Scan Utility download process. In case you come across any hurdle during the process, you may seek reliable assistance from Canon Printer support.