Many photographers and other users who are interested in photography opt for the PIXMA MG, MX or PRO series of Canon printer. The reason behind why a lot of users opt for these printers is because of the high-quality printouts they deliver.
Another reason why Canon printers are gaining popularity among the users is because of the reason that you can easily manage color settings in canon. This allows them to have the exact color on the printout which is the same as the reality.
Hence, in this article, I am going to show you how you can easily adjust color settings in your Canon printer. This article highlights each specific point about the same and you will surely be able to follow these steps. Also, note that these steps can be applied on a Windows PC.
Steps to manage color setting in canon
Using the steps given below you can easily change the color balance or intensity of the printout you are going to take. For this purpose, first, you need print a color pattern:
- First of all, you need to open the printer driver setup window of your Windows PC.
- After this, You need to go to the Main tab.
- In the next step, select ‘Manual’.
- You need to choose this option for managing color/intensity of the printout.
- After this, select the ‘Settings’ options.
- Upon doing so, the Manual Color Adjustment dialog box opens.
- Here, on the Color Adjustment tab, you need to select the ‘Print a pattern color adjustment’ check box.
- Now, select the option reading as ‘Pattern Print preferences’.
- On the resulting dialog box, you can set the following options:
- Select the ‘Cyan/Magenta/Yellow’ color options.
- Further, you need to set the size of the paper whatever you wish to load in the paper tray of the printer.
- Further, you need to select the pattern size.
- Once you are done, set the desired color variations.
- After making the desired adjustment, do not forget to select ‘OK’.
- Select ‘OK’ on the Color Adjustment tab as well.
- This will close the Manual Color Adjustment dialog box.
- Next, select ‘OK’ and then print your image.
Look at the print results and make sure that the printout you get is the same as you have made adjustments for.
Steps to change the color balance intensity
- First, you need to enter the color balance numbers that are indicated at the bottom of the image.
- You need to enter the numbers for Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow fields on the Color Adjustment tab.
- After this, you have to clear the ‘Print a pattern for color adjustment’ checkbox.
- After making the changes, select the ‘OK’ option.
- Further, select the OK option on the Main tab as well.
- When you select the option reading as ‘Print a pattern for color adjustment’ on the Color Adjustment tab, you will see that the following items are greyed out. Unfortunately, these cannot be set further:
- Hence, you should preview carefully before printing on the Main tab.
- Also, the Stapling Side and Specify Margin options can’t be set together.
- When the ‘Duplex Printing’ option is set, you can only set ‘Stapling Side’.
- To print a pattern page, you need to set the size as normal or borderless. Else, you won’t be able to print.
- You won’t be able to adjust the settings for Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow colors in case the checkbox reading as ‘Greyscale Printing’ is checked.
By following these steps, you must be able to manage color settings in Canon. If not, it’s better to get in touch with Canon Printer Support executives.