Imagine a situation when you give a print command to your printer and what you get is nothing. Isn’t it so annoying to find out that even after making all the arrangements you are not able to get the printouts from your Canon Printer? Well, you are not alone in this problem as there are many other who come up with queries like “canon printer not responding message” and how to get it working.
To say goodbye to this error, there are certain troubleshooting methods which you can try and see if they prove to be helpful or not. You may apply the following troubleshooting steps on Canon Printer models including the canon mx922 printer, canon mx490 printer, and canon mg2920 wireless printer.
Discover how to get your Canon printer working
Note: these troubleshooting methods can also be tried if Canon printer won’t print under any circumstances.
Method 1- Turn off the firewall and antivirus
In some situations, your canon printer might fail to respond because of the presence of an antivirus solution. Similarly, it may not work if you have enabled the firewall on it. Hence, experts suggest that one should try to disable both or any of them for the time being. After that, try to give the print command again and see if it works. If not, you may move to the next method.
Method 2- verify the connections
This simply means that you should look that all the cables connected to the printer as well as computer are connected properly or not. Make sure to tighten them in their slots and plug them correctly in the wall sockets.
Method 3- Run the Printer Troubleshooter
- Open the ‘Settings’ app by pressing the Windows Key + I key.
- From the menu, navigate to the ‘Update & Security’ section.
- Then, move to the left pane and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
- After that, select the name of your printer in the right pane.
- Then, hit the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ button.
Follow some more prompts to get rid of the “canon printer not responding” issue.
Method 4- Update the printer driver
- Press the Windows Key + X and open the Device Manager.
- Now, locate the name of your printer and right-click on it.
- Then, click on the ‘Update driver’ button.
- After that, you need to select the ‘Search automatically’ option.
Method 5- ensure if Canon printer is selected as the default one
- From the ‘Start’ menu of Windows 10, go to the Control Panel.
- After that, go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Here, right-click on the model name of your printer.
- Then, click on the ‘Set as default printer’ option.
If none of the above-given solutions works right for you, then you may need to update the operating system of your device as there might be some issues with your device. Else, seek canon printer support.