Canon is a Japanese multinational corporation headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. This company is specialized in optical, imaging, and industrial products, such as lenses, cameras, medical equipment, scanners, printers, and semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Well, Canon has been manufacturing and distributing digital pieces of equipments since 1984 and by 2021 it is considered to be one of the best digital product companies, competing with many companies in the market and taking its place at the top. So, let us know about Canon and how to set up Canon Printers via iPhone. Well, to connect iPhone with the Canon printer via Wi-Fi, we need the “AirPrint” option on the Canon printer.
To print AirPrint, you just need an AirPrint compatible PIXMA printer and the following iOS devices:
- OS X 10.7 (lion) or later version
iOS versions (4.2 and later)
In order to connect the Apple device and PIXMA printer, please make sure that both devices are connected via the same wireless network, and follow the instructions for PIXMA set up to connect to the iOS device:
- Check if your “Canon Pixma TS3122 printer” is turned on and the iPhone is connected to the same wireless network.
- Now, go to the page and press the ‘print button’ from the iOS device to go to the printing page.
- Then, choose the preferred printer (PIXMA) model, and proceed to further process.
- Note this thing that your devices should be within the range of each other to perform actions.
- After this, select the number of copies you want to print and choose the ‘Options’ button if you want more options like double-sided printing, color settings, etc.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Print’ option to start printing.
Important tips: Some apps do not support “AirPrint” and that’s why some printer’s options may not be displayed. If, the same issue happened to you then either upgrade your iOS version or buy a new updated PIXMA printer with extra features.
How to Connect Canon Printer to iPhone without Wi-Fi?
Don’t have Wi-Fi on your iPhone or have trouble connecting with WiFi. Don’t you worry we have got it covered, just follow the instructions given below and connect your Canon Printer without WiFi:
- Change the Printer’s settings
- Change settings of iPhone
Change the Printer’s settings:
To perform this procedure you need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, make sure that your PIXMA printer is turned on
- Now, select the LAN settings on the home screen
- Then, scroll down and select the Change LAN option, and hit the “OK” button.
- Now, scroll and select the “Activate direct connect” option and press the “OK” button.
- After that, tap on the ‘Yes’ button and press the “OK” button to confirm.
Note: if you have an administrator password, enter it and then proceed further
The identifier (SSID) for direct connection will appear and that will be the confirmation pop up window showing that your connection is successful.
Change settings of iPhone:
Before connecting a device to the printer, make sure to check the identifier (SSID) and the password for the direct connection. In order to check the settings and check the identifier, please follow the instructions given below:
- Firstly, turn on the wireless communication option on your iPhone
- Enable the ‘Wi-Fi’ option on the device from the ‘settings’ menu
- Now, select the ‘DIRECT-XXXX-PRO-YYYY” series”
- Enter the password, and your device will get connected to the printer
Note: XXXX- represents alphanumeric characters, and YYYY-represents numbers only.
Print from iPhone to Canon Printer via USB
To print papers from a PIXMA printer via USB cable, you need to follow some special steps because it is not simply possible to connect via cable. To perform this procedure, you will need a USB cable and a USB OTG adapter that connects your iPhone to the USB cable and then follow these steps:
- Please turn ON your printer and connect one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other end to the USB OTG cord.
- Now, plug the other end of the USB OTG cord into your iPhone
- A pop-up will appear on your iPhone, press ‘OK’ to confirm the connection
- After the success of the connection, go to the preferred document you wish to print and press the ‘Share’ button
- Now, tap on the Share menu and select the “Print” option
- The connected printer will appear, tap on that option, and press the “Print” button
- Finally, your documents are ready to be printed
How to download Canon printer app for iPhone?
To download the Canon printer app for iPhone, you need to follow the instructions and some points. So, read the following points and do the downloading procedure:
- Check your iOS version
- Install the SELPHY app on your device
- Connect the SELPHY app with the device
- Use the application
Download the SELHY app on iPhone
- Go to the “App Store” and tap on the search bar.
- Type Canon printer app “SELPHY” and click on the search option.
- After getting results, tap on the download button.
- Post downloading, open the application and connect your Canon printer to your iPhone.
- Now, it is ready to use, try to print some papers on your printer via the app.
Read – How To Reset Canon Printer To Factory Settings?
Well, The Canon printer has been utilized for accomplishing many works ranging from the hard copy of your favorite electronic stream to assignment work report of students. With the practical utilization of canon printers on regular basis, there might be a high possibility to connect with myriad failures. So, in this section, we have guided you through the complete procedure of the setup of the Canon printer. Read all the instructions related to the article and follow all the steps accordingly. We have arranged all the setup processes according to your requirements. If you face any issues or have any queries then please contact the customer support team.