We have seen an impactful evolution in the printing industry and many brands have come up with ideas of developing printers that serve several purposes. Printers can be used not only to print the documents, but for the purpose of scanning, printing photos, and so on. One such brand among several others is Canon which developed a wide range of printers including wireless printers that have reduced the hassle of connecting devices with cords and cables.
But, sometimes, due to long inactivity, or certain other reasons, these printers do not print any longer or start to display error codes. This issue can also happen if your printer has become old and needs to be replaced with a new one. Therefore, in this article, we are going to have a look at all the possible reasons why this might be happening with your canon printer so that you can fix the issue without any further delay. So let’s move on to the next section, where these reasons are listed.
Why is my wireless canon printer not printing?
The key factors why this might be happening with your canon printer are listed below:
- Sometimes the print job gets stuck in the queue.
- Your canon printer might be undergoing a paper jamming issue.
- The wireless connection could be becoming problematic.
- Presence of faulty or outdated printer drivers.
- The power source of the printer might be fluctuating.
- You haven’t installed the firmware of the printer correctly.
- The paper you have loaded in the paper tray isn’t matching the size of the printer.
- There is some issue with the Wi-Fi network.
- The shared network detecting system is unable to detect your system because of the specified range.
- There are several printers in the same network queue.
- The presence of unsupported or incompatible printing software could also result in this issue.
- The network key or passphrase is incorrect or faulty.
- You might be entering the wrong password for the network configuration.
- There is some fault with the cartridge vents.
- The printing heads of the Canon printer are dusty and need to be cleaned.
Troubleshoot Canon printer not printing error
- The first thing you should do is clear the paper jam error. You can do this by opening the cover of the printer, removing the cartridges, and then removing the paper that is stuck in the tray. After that, resituate the cartridges again.
- In case the issue is caused due to the faulty printer drivers, then you must update or install the correct printer drivers as soon as possible.
- If you are using a wired printer, then there might be some issue with the power cord. Make sure that the cords of the printer as well as the computer are connected properly and ensure that the cables are not faulty.
- When you see that the canon printer not printing black, then you must check the black ink cartridge of the printer. The ink in that particular cartridge might not be there, therefore, you should replace it with the new one immediately.
My canon printer won’t print wirelessly- fix it now
In case of a wireless Canon printer, when you come across Canon Printer Offline errors, then you may follow the troubleshooting steps given below:
- Make sure that your Canon printer is connected to a network.
- The network with which it is connected should receive high-speed internet connectivity.
- Update your wireless Canon printer from time to time to make it work properly.
- Install the latest printer drivers for your wireless canon printer to print without displaying any error.
- While loading the rim of the canon printer, be extra careful.
- In case you are using the Canon wireless printer in a workspace, where several devices are connected to a single network, you should ensure that your printer is not in the queue for receiving connectivity.
- Sometimes, a user needs to select the printer from the network range because the device might not detect its presence due to poor connectivity. Make sure that the Canon printer is set as the default printer in your device.
- Ensure that you are entering the correct passphrase network key.
In case your printer is still not responding or not printing black or any other color, then you must contact Canon Printer Support immediately. The experts of the support team will help you in getting rid of the issue so that you do not face the same issue in the future. For more information, you can always navigate to the official website of Canon.