Printers play an essential role in every working organization and if starts to work inappropriately, then it could cause a lot of trouble in our work. Most of us do not know what to do in such situations and we get panic. But whenever your printer starts to display errors or you are unable to print from it, you can always try some basic workarounds that will surely help you. Many users have repeatedly faced “canon printer in error state” error or Canon printer offline error. Therefore, first, we will learn what is causing it to go in an error state and what can we do to resolve this issue.
Why is the Canon printer in an error state?
Below are given some of the reasons why your canon printer is going in an error state. Once you know the root cause, you can easily fix that particular problem and get it out from the error state.
- There can be a problem with the canon printer drivers. You might not have installed them properly.
- You might have downloaded and installed the drivers for another model of canon printer.
- The computer from which you are giving commands is not properly connected to the canon printer.
- Problem-related to the BIOS.
- USB cables are not connected properly.
- In the case of a wireless canon printer, the router could be the problem.
Troubleshoot Canon Wireless printer in error state Windows 10
There are a few workarounds that you can try to bring your Canon printer out of error state.
(Note: these steps are applicable for canon mx922 printer, canon mp600 printer, and canon mx470 printer)
Solution 1- cross-check the connectivity
- First of all, you should check if your canon printer and the device from which you are giving commands are establishing a proper connection.
- Make sure that there is no problem with the wireless network in the case of wireless printers.
- In the case of a wired canon printer, ensure that there is no problem with the cord or cables.
- Run a test print job to check the actual cause of the problem.
Solution 2- reboot your device and printer
After checking all the above-mentioned things, you should try to turn off and then restart both your canon printer as well as the computer.
After turning them off, leave them for a couple of minutes and then restart both the devices and see if the issue has resolved or not.
More ways to fix canon printer is in an error state
Reinstall or update the printer driver
- First of all, go to the official website of the canon printer.
- Look for the apt printer drivers.
- When you find it, click on the ‘Download’ option.
- Now, open the download folder to install the printer drivers.
- Click ‘Finish’ after completing the setup process.
In the end, you just need to restart your printer and print a test page. If nothing of this sort helps, you may contact Canon printer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my Canon printer out of error state?
To get your canon printer out of error state, first of all, you should know the root cause behind it. After knowing why this is happening, you will be able to resolve the issue. Make sure that your canon printer is connected properly.
Why is my Canon printer saying error?
In case your canon printer is unable to fulfill your print commands due to various reasons it says that it is in an error state. Sometimes, the lost connection jammed paper, or any other because of any other reason, it can display to be in an error state.
How do I clear a Canon printer error?
First of all, you need to introspect the source of error code and then see the workarounds for the particular error code. You may find the troubleshooting solutions in the canon printer’s website or you may try to reinstall printer drivers.
What do I do if my Canon printer is in error state?
You should try to check if your printer is properly connected to the computer. After this, you may check if the cords or cables are not faulty. Moreover, look for paper jamming or ink cartridge related issues. Based on the cause, try to fix the error.